Saturday, July 23, 2011

Life's Journey: Letting Go of "Ashes"

Yesterday I had a visit from a very dear of mine, Marye. We had not seen each other for 10 years but we picked up right where we left off as if no time had passed. Of course it had....each of our lives had been growing and changing!! I took her on a tour of my house and when we entered my bedroom, the first thing she noticed was a jar sitting on my mantle which read "Ashes of Ex-Husbands" (a gift from my attorney during my divorce...the only thing I got for all that money I spent but that's another blog topic) . She laughed but then ever so seriously said " Freda. you have to move that. That is the center of this whole room....it's negative feng shui!" And she was right...I removed it and put it way back in my closet! I did sleep better last night as a matter of fact.
It's never easy to let go, especially when  emotions run so deep, but we all must let go of that which we cannot change. Life dealt me that card for a reason....I learned, I grew and became stronger!! Marye reminded me that the people in my life who have caused me so much pain  have only made me stronger and that rather than resenting them, I should pray for them!!! (Some of the people I know need ALOT of prayer). By doing so, I can heal my heart!!!
So when life hands you a jar of "Ashes of Ex-Husband", let it go!!! Get right with your own heart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment