Monday, July 11, 2011

Life's Journey: MOJITOS!!

Today is National Mojito Day!! And I suppose this fits in with my life's journey as it ties right into my time with great friends!! It started off with a text from my friend Crystal  this morning which read "Thought of you today. It is National Mojito Day!" This was followed by an invitation from Anita to a poolside luncheon with the same great friends!!
Funny how a drink that originated in Cuba and was a favorite of Ernest Hemingway, brings up such fond friend memories. It all started last summer when 5 old (we are not old, just very mature) high school friends got together for dinner poolside...I was nominated to bring the mojitos since I had bartended in the past. So I mixed my sugar, lime juice, sparkling water and muddled mint leaves together, bringing the rum to add as needed. As I was getting ready to ring the doorbell, a wasp (probably sensing the mojito mixture) landed on my hand and stung me!! OUCH.... My friend grabbed some ice, I fixed a few mojitos (rum involved at this point) and all was well with the world! Great friends, good food and of course MOJITOS!!
I had not thought about this evening in a year until today and I must say it made me smile :) Alot has happened since that evening but I know each of my friends would smile too thinking about that night!! I hope to make some more MOJITO memories this week as well.
So I guess the morale of my story is this....along life's journey stop and sip a MOJITO... or two....

No comments:

Post a Comment