Sunday, August 7, 2011

Life's Journey: Choices

This morning as I was fixing breakfast for my family, I was thinking "what if I had made different choices in my life?" Where would I call home, what would my profession be, would I be alone, would I live in a big new house and would I have plenty of money?
31 American soldiers died this weekend fighting for our country....what if they had made different choices? Life is full of choices....some good and some not so good. Sometimes choosing poorly the first time makes you strong and allows you to make good choices in the future. Sometimes making a bad choice only spirals your life into turmoil forever.
There are choices that I wish I had not made and choices I wish I had made but like the hands on a clock, we only go forward...no do-overs from the past!
Without the choices I made, I would not have the wonderful family that I have, the friends that are always there when I need them or a job that I dearly love!! A big new house and lots of money???..... well maybe one day!!! I guess you could say that my big old farmhouse is a comfy home which is filled with all the riches I could ever ask for!!
Life is a journey, full of choices!!! There is no book or manual for making the right choice....remember each choice you make will forever effect your life!!!
Big choices set our direction and the little ones get us to our destination....our lives are the sum of all of our choices be it good or bad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment